See map

University Name:

See all universities

Freshers Survival Guide:


Back to Full List
Jump to:

All universities have a formal complaints procedure. If this does not lead to a satisfactory outcome, you can take up your complaint with the relevant national complaints organisation. But start by talking to the students’ union.

In England and Wales, the relevant national organisation is the OIA – the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (www.oiahe.org.uk). This provides an independent system for students to make complaints about universities – but only if they relate to a study or research programme, a service provided by the university, or a decision on eg a disciplinary matter. It cannot deal with matters of academic judgement, court actions or employment etc.

In Scotland, a similar system is operated by the SPSO – the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (www.spso.org.uk). It deals with complaints against any organisation providing public services in Scotland, including higher education.

Featured Universities

Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury Christ Church University

Location: Canterbury

Students: 19105

View Profile
Liverpool University

Location: Liverpool

Students: 21875

View Profile
© Student Book 2017